thebroboticthebrobotic

Main Games Reviews Stats 3 Fans

Blue-Collar Astronaut Blue-Collar Astronaut

The intro art was great, and the game graphics are fitting for the theme and title.

For this uploaded version, I wasn't very sure of what to do. I figured it out after playing 5 minutes(and by accident), but some text would help people enjoy this specific build - unless I was just completely missing the mark there. I do realize it's just a tutorial, though. Promising future, good luck.

MutatedScott responds:

Thanks for playing!

I understand where you're coming from. I'll definitely be revisiting the early level instructions to make it more clear. The original tutorial design was wordless, and it's become clear that I didn't pull it off well :)

Viral Hazard Viral Hazard

Loved the comic-style introduction, great art, and, the music was very fitting with it as well. I enjoyed the gameplay, although I felt the performance of the game got in the way.

Perhaps it was just my setup(Windows8.1 + MacBook Pro + Google Chrome), but the gameplay was laggy. When I pressed space, it would lag more - and my character would skip around the screen. The "Game over" scene played with very low FPS too.

Flappy Puzzle Flappy Puzzle

I enjoyed it. I'm a fan of "tougher" games, and this is a good game for that category. It took me a few tries to get into it and "get it", but once I did I smirked and moved my head a little closer to the screen to focus and wait for the right blocks to come by. Nice job!

Fishy dodge Fishy dodge

The score doesn't reset on death, by the way. And the jumping sound plays before the character can even move. I think some new features(that don't exist in Flappy Bird) could be fun additions to the game.

Goldenmoongames responds:

Thanks for your sincere comment. Although it reset whenever i play the game, i will still make some little adjustments to see if it works for you. If it does you can send me a message or send me an email at: dcolumbus70@gmail.com. And also it would be much appreciated if you can inform me of any new feature you might like me to add to the game.

[prototype-test] [prototype-test]

I think you should stick to something like Spacebar for Jump. Right-click doesn't make for a very good bind for jumping, in my opinion.

Night Strike Infiltrators Night Strike Infiltrators

I'm impressed the amount of features, in addition to the obvious(music/scenery). The health, timing per run, awesome terminal dialogue moments, variations of playstyle(gun and run vs completionist), and so on. This is a top-notch entry for the 2030 jam. Great job!

Wolod responds:

Thank you! I tried my best creating this game.

Asteroid Field 2030 Asteroid Field 2030

I think you'd get better ratings if you made the graphics for the ship+enemies bigger and lowered the asteroid density by a little bit due to the size increase. as well as tried to customize/fine-tune the built-in Construct2 movement system. The music was a great choice though :P

scofano responds:

My inspiration was gameboy retro style and the sprites were meant to be small but my friends told me the same: "increase the size of the ships". Well, I was willing to have some prototype for the construct jam. I hope I had more time.

Music theme is from http://incompetech.com/ :)

Thanks for your comment.

BounC.E.R.N BounC.E.R.N

I admire the simple concept and animations. I definitely got that "a-ha!" moment when continually bouncing on one block. Definitely a unique platformer in my eyes. Right after I thought that there wasn't enough of a difficulty increase, I was wrong. Good job.

ShinyLoop responds:

Thanks for the nice comments. There is really so much more I want to do with this game after the jam. It's all about the science- how a particle would act at atomic levels, with energy and strong nuclear forces etc. One thing I would add later is more explanation of that science, and also moar levels. Any further comments about how the difficulty curve could be improved if any, are appreciated.